Stars in the Skies hold my Dreams


Where did the dream go?


I'm sitting in my room, staring at the screen although I might as well be staring at nothing. The colours have begun blurring and blending into each other, and all that remains is just a gray screen and the slight buzz from the computer. All that is here is reality.

I'm lost.

I've sunk into a version of what society wants, and not what I want anymore. The concepts are not computing. Why is the need to be logical so important? I want to dream again. It is my birth right, my natural ability to see what I want and make it a reality. How long since I've done that? I'm looking up. I see the stars. I remember the dreams that I once had, they have shrunk. I reach to them, how did they make me happy? Why did I forget them? Its taken long.

I'm waiting.

How long do I have to wait? My dreams were so huge, and they seem to be contracting the longer I wait. Is that insecurity that is bringing my dreams closer to me?

I want to reach the moon and stars with my dreams, I want to keep looking upwards. I want the sparkle in my eye to keep glistening as I send new dreams to the stars above.

I'm hoping.

I know things are looking up because my Heavenly Father, the Lord that I love with all my heart is looking out for me and my dreams. He has caught every single dream of mine, hung it on a star for me to see everyday.

I'm reminded.

There are my dreams, in the wide sky for me to see. God placed them there, and put the road beneath my feet. For it is not the destination, but the journey itself. I'm walking towards them, sometimes I trip and stumble. But I know that God has placed angels around me to pick me up. Sometimes I hurt when I fall, and sweet tears slide down my cheeks. But the tears will dry, and scars will heal. I will stand up and walk again. How could I not when God is holding my dreams, waiting for me to come and claim them.

I'm flying now.

I've left the cool ground, my arms outstretched ready to grab those dreams and make them a reality. I can feel the warmth of God's smile, it begins in my heart and spreads through out my body. With the strength of the Holy one, I'm able to soar. Time seems limitless, infinity to reach that star. The star with my name on it.

You cannot hold me back. This world is just a place where my body remains, but my mind and spirit are in the heavens, gently reaching out with a set determination on my face coupled with a smile and a twinkle in my eye.

I can see the dream again.


Leave a Reply

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Search